How would you create a PLN prior to engaging in a social media campaign on a topic of your choice? Consider how you would introduce yourself to others, consider how you would engage in initial conversation to generate interest in your campaign professionally.

If I were to create a social media campaign on a topic of my choice, I’d choose a product marketing campaign. In order to create my PLN prior to engaging in said campaign, I’d first establish a presence among various social media platforms – such as LinkedIn and Instagram. From there I would release various information about my profession in order for it to be readily observable by others and to create a general foundation of knowledge for potential clients (i.e. prior experience, future projects, etc.). Next, I would focus on connecting with groups, or other companies, with the same goals that are aligned with my product and my intentions. For example, making my presence aware in a gardening facebook group prior to engaging in a social media campaign for a garden product. Best case scenario, this would allow for potential collaborations with other companies/groups – maximizing product exposure. Worst case scenario, this wouldn’t lead to any collaborations but at the very least, would further expand the digital presence and general awareness of the product as well as my personal affiliation with it. After targeting groups, I would then focus on connecting with individuals. The individuals I’d want to connect with would be those who are in the same company I work for, followed by those working in the same industry, and finally, potential clients. Thanks to social media platforms such as LinkedIn, these individuals wouldn’t be hard to find. During all of these steps, especially when interacting with potential clients, it is imperative that I maintain a professional demeanor in all of my interactions in order to maintain the professional reputation of the company I work for. This would consist of using appropriate salutations, remaining timely in my interactions, and using proper language and tone (formal as acquaintances, and then more informal as the relationship progresses if I deem it to be beneficial).